Finding the Best Las Vegas Real Estate Agent
Navigating the wild world of Las Vegas real estate on your own can be a difficult task. As such, it is essential that you have an intelligent, experienced, and respected real estate agent by your side to answer any questions that you may have. However, finding a top Las Vegas real estate agent isn’t always easy – and a bad one could potentially cost you thousands of dollars down the road. Luckily, there are a few handy tips that you can follow to find the best real estate agent to suit your needs.
1. Talk with the agent’s most recent clients. Agents should be able to give you a brief list of their most recent sales as well as contact information for these clients. It is imperative that you speak with these past clients and ask questions such as: “How long was your home on the market before it sold?” or “How knowledgeable was the agent if/when things got tricky?”
2. Check for any licensing or disciplinary issues. You can usually do this pretty quickly by searching your local Realtor® database online.
3. Ask your prospective agent about any specific designations or credentials that they may have. Some key credentials to look out for include:
• CRS (Certified Residential Specialist): The CRS designation indicates that the agent has completed additional classes and training in how to handle residential real estate.
• ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative): An ABR designation means that an agent received training and certification to represent the buyer side of a transaction.
• SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist): The SRES designation conveys that the agent is certified in and knowledgeable of how to assist buyers and sellers over the age of 50.
4. Find out how experienced your prospective Las Vegas real estate agent is. In an ideal world, you should endeavor to locate an agent with at least five years of experience in the industry. These agents will be able to use their knowledge to help you should you run into any speed bumps along the way.
5. Learn more about the agent’s knowledge of the local area. Ask the prospective agent about other houses and properties that are for sale in your area to check and see whether they have a good knowledge of the local real estate climate. Local knowledge can play a crucial part in any real estate transaction.
Though there will never be a way to guarantee success with a real estate agent, by knowing what to ask and look out for you are well on your way to a smooth real estate deal.
By Shad Zaman – SellMyHome.Vegas